Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Storm Drive to Banff





We had planned on driving into Banff for Dean's company Christmas party after Isabella finished her preschool today, however we awoke to snow falling and terrible road conditions so we decided to keep Bella home and hit the road earlier. We were lucky to have my parents staying with us also and we packed into the car to go pick up Dean from work at about 10:30 am. After getting gas we picked up Dean shortly after 11am and headed out of Calgary. Before hitting city limits we had to stop and do a bathroom break, but were finally on the road.

There were some scary moments but we eventually arrived safe and snug just after 1pm. We checked into our room and had a nice room service lunch. The Nauglers all hit the hotel pool while Mom and Dad did some walking around Banff. We came back to our room and after failing to get Becca to nap in her playpen we all decided to nap on the beds. We woke up in time to get ready for the Manger's party.

Mom and Dad came over to babysit for us and had a room service dinner with the girls. Dean and I headed out to the Maple Leaf Lounge along with the other Olympia managers for a nice night of cocktails and a fabulous dinner. Dean and I both had the Elk Tenderloin - yum! Just before eating I realized I had lost one of my earrings. I panicked and everyone helped me look all around for it. Turns out that I found it back in my jewelry bag at the hotel room - I had forgotten to put it in!

I headed back to our hotel room around 11:30 to find Bella in bed but still awake and that Becca had only settled down about about 10:45! I got into bed and Dean came back from Wild Bill's around 1am only to find Bella still awake! She finally settled down and we got some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment