Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday July 26 - Beaver Bank

This morning we did a fairly good job of adapting to local time and we were all up by 9am. Bella of course was up the earliest having already adjusted to the time change and Becca had only woken once in the night. We ran out to Shopper's Drug Mart to get some essentials for Becca. We then drove around for about 20 minutes trying to find a Starbucks. I finally called Dad and he informed me that Truro doesn't have a Starbucks. We were disappointed, but will look forward to it when we arrive in Halifax.

When we got back to the house Dean took Isabella to play some tennis, while I put Becca down for a nap and then baked some chocolate chip cookies. For anyone who has ever had my cookies, they turned out quite differently here than at home and I was quite disappointed because they are usually one of my best treat. I had lots of volunteers to eat the first batch and I saved the rest for the potluck.

Around 3:30 we left Truro to drive into Beaver Bank. It was a great afternoon. We got to visit my grandparents on my father's side and my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Barry. They had even set up a little kiddie pool for the girls to play in. It was the first time any extended family had met Becca and we were proud to show her off. After dinner Dean took the girls back to Truro and I stayed with my family.

At 7pm we went to a drive in church service at the Bedford Baptist Church. You just park in the parking lot and set your radio station to 88.3 and you can watch the service which takes place on the front steps of the church. It was a very special occasion because my Uncle Barry was giving a testimonial of his relationship with God and it was very well received, we were all moved by it. We drove back to Truro to find Dean enjoying a beer and a good book and both girls in bed. Of course on closer examination Bella was still up playing in her room and Becca was crying...but Mommy to the rescue and everyone was soon settled.

Dean and I decided to call it an early night and headed to bed around 10pm (after enjoying a nice piece of rhubarb pie!).

No comments:

Post a Comment