Thursday, August 6, 2009

Saturday, August 1, 2009 - Beaver Bank and Halifax Waterfront

We had a great sleep and woke up around 9am. We said goodbye to Truro around 10am and followed Mom and Dad into visit my Grandparents , Bill and Edna Matthews, in Beaver Bank. We arrived in time for lunch which consisted of chicken pot pie (in which my grandmother forgot the sauce and the chicken), a macaroni casserole, homemade biscuits and some more of that great port! Dad took Isabella for a walk in the woods and taught her about the different trees and she came back with leaves and was able to tell us which tree they came from. Becca entertained everyone left behind just by being her cute self.

After the walk we packed up and went to visit my aunt and uncle (Bonnie and Barry Matthews). We didn’t stay there too long, and my dad took me and Dean for a drive around the subdivision showing us which land still belonged to our family and what the developers were doing with the other land. It was very interesting and we even drove down a “Rebecca Drive”.

After this we packed up, said goodbye to Mom and Dad and headed into Halifax. We ran a few errands along the way, but still ended up in time to hit the pool. We got the girls settled and Becca into bed and then we left Dianne home with them and Dean and I went out to dinner.

We drove down to the waterfront and went for a nice walk. Next we headed into Salty’s Upstairs for our 8pm dinner reservation. Dean had seafood chowder, pan seared scallops and baked Atlantic salmon. I had seafood chowder, oyster on the half shell and a seafood Quattro (salmon, haddock, shrimp and scallops) and it was all fabulous. We started with Grey Goose Martinis, and then shared a lovely bottle of Bordeaux. We topped off the meal by splitting some Nova Scotia Apple Crisp. Just as we were paying the bill, fireworks started outside! We were able to get a great spot and watched a nice show. It wasn’t nearly as good as the Canada Day show we saw in Ganges Harbour, but it was still nice.

After the fireworks we walked over to the Casino. I tried my luck (unsuccessfully) at the slots while Dean played for hours at the roulette table. He also was unsuccessful but we had lots of fun. We got home around 1am and went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment