Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dean Arrives and Heather Beach - July 16








Today was a great day because Dean arrived! First of all I should mention that my sister Jackie arrived last night around 11:30pm and I visited her for about 5 minutes before going to bed. So really it's like they both arrived this morning.

I got to sleep in until 9am which was great because I had to keep getting up with Becca in the night. We had breakfast and then Mom and Jackie took both girls to the Farmer's Market which was great because I got to shower and clean up uninterrupted before Dean arrived at about 11:30am. We had a yummy lunch of leftover chicken and fresh vegetables plus some cupcakes Jackie had bought at the Farmer's Market.

After lunch I insisted everyone go to the beach with me. This was a huge indulgence because it's an hour and a half drive to Heather Beach (just by Pugwash) and the weather was not great. We arrived at the beach around 2:30pm and the water was ice cold! However, as the tide went out the sand bars increased and the water seemed to warm up, and by the end even Becca was running in the waves up to her chest without finding it too cold. I had a blast and I thank everyone for coming with me.

We got home just in time to feed the girls and put them to bed and the our fun evening began. We got some fabulous sushi from a new restaurant in Truro and enjoyed it while watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1. We are going to see pt 2 tomorrow night in the theatre so we headed to bed shortly after to make sure we would be well rested enough to stay up for our 9:20pm showing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment