Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stewiacke - July 27

It was another wet day today, but the rain held off enough that we could still do some things.  I spent most of the morning packing and getting ready to fly home tomorrow.  It's always nice to get those boarding passes printed off and in my hand so that I know our seats are together on the plane.  Just before 11am we headed out to Stewiacke with Dad.  We started off by playing mini golf and the girls had a blast.  They found this course really fun because it had a lot of moving parts unlike the course we play on at home.

After mini golf we walked around the park and checked out the Mastodon and some of the history along with the "Flintstones" style car, house and Dino.


 In case you didn't know, Stewiacke is halfway between the equator and the North Pole.

 Digging for fossils in the interpretive centre.

We had lunch at KFC-Taco Bell which had something for everyone and then we headed back home to Truro.  I stopped at the grocery store so that I could pick up treats for the plane tomorrow and lobster for sandwiches for dinner tonight.  Bella was asleep so Dad stayed with her in the car while Becca and I went in.  While inside we ran into my cousin Kelly - so weird to run into someone I know in a grocery store in Truro.  Of course she lives here, but it's weird because she's really the only person I know other than my parents.

When we got home we all rested on the sofa and watched two movies (Bambi and Tangled) before dinner.  The girls had their favourite - grilled cheese with tomato soup.  I got the girls into bed even though Bella was quite upset about leaving tomorrow.

Dad and I enjoyed a dinner of lobster sandwiches before I fly back to the land of beef (yum!). Mom and I indulged in our last night of watching Big Brother together before I remove the series recording from their TV.  I made sure everything was ready for the morning and then went to sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment