Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home! - July 14

Bella with Grammie and Grampy


Becca with Grammie and Grampy

Souvenir shirts "I Love my Nova Scotian Roots"

This morning we got up at 4:30am to get everyone packed, dressed and ready to drive away at 5:30. We said goodbyes, took some last minute pictures and then drove the 40 minute drive to the airport. We had no issues with checking in, or clearing security and we grabbed a quick breakfast split between Tim Hortons and Starbucks.

Bella was a perfect angel on the airplane again. She spent the whole 5 hours watching movies or catching little cat naps. Becca on the other hand stayed awake the whole time. She split her time between cuddling with me, screaming, having snacks and playing on the floor at my feet. I was quite frustrated (I think mostly due to exhaustion) but Dean and I just kept reminding ourselves that this would be the last flight with her on our lap.

Our luggage came off right away and we grabbed a cab and were home before 11:30am. The girls were thrilled to be home and immediately wanted to have a snack. After feeding them Becca had a nap and Bella played with her toys.

Like always it was a great trip but it's nice to be back home and getting back into our routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment